Is it acceptable to wear polka dot everything?

I have a real penchant for wearing polka dots and I mean EVERYTHING from underwear to dress, tights, shoes, coat, hat, bag, umbrella and earrings.

The only thing I can't manage is polka dot eyeshadow - very tricky. My friends think I should grow up. What do you think?

Your new FAQer friend,
Dotty Hotty

Dear Dotty,

Did you know the polka dot pattern became fashionable in the late nineteenth century and is so named due to the popularity of the dance at the time? In 2006 it came back with panache and must have cut a dash.

Your passion for period costume should not cause you to feel re(morse) but is something to endorse. We say take no heed of your friends. Anything but the dot is rot!


top ↑

1 comment:

Kim said...

I thought this article was very insightful. I never knew about the polka dot until now. Please share more like this!

Post a Comment