Who took the bite out of the Apple logo?

It was Rob Janoff, the Art Director of Regis McKenna Advertising who in early 1977 were hired by Steve Jobs to define a new logo and logotype.

According to Rob's own words...the real reason behind the bite is thus...

"I designed it with a bite for scale, so people get that it was an apple not a cherry. Also it was kind of iconic about taking a bite out of an apple. Something that everyone can experience. It goes across cultures. If anybody ever had an apple he probably bitten into it and that's what you get. It was after I designed it, that my creative director told me: "Well you know, there is a computer term called byte". And I was like: "You're kidding!" So, it was like perfect, but it was coincidental that it was also a computer term."

top ↑

No comments:

Post a Comment